Employment law is complicated. Your employees can be your greatest asset, but navigating the complex web of employment laws can be difficult for even the more skilled HR professional. Why use Navigant?
- We speak like normal people – not lawyers. We draft contracts in plain language that you can understand without too much legalese.
- We provide direct, efficient and cost-effective legal services to creatively achieve your goals.
- No more mystery billing. We provide an extensive list of services on an On-Demand (Flat Fee) basis with different service level options allowing you to tailor the project to your budget. Other services are provided with traditional hourly billing, but can be quoted in advance – allowing you to keep projects within your budget.
Helping businesses get through audits and litigation
Even with the best employment practices in place, corporations may still end up facing administrative proceedings or litigation. Our attorneys have defended hundreds of employment cases before the Employment Equal Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR). We have also assisted clients through the IDOL, IDES and OSHA audit/investigation process.
Our Attorneys regularly advise employers on all types of employment matters, including:
- codes of conduct
- employment handbooks & executive employment agreements
- Non-competition & severance agreements
- FSLA, and Wage and Hour issues & employment practices audits
- HIPAA Compliance
- pre-termination analysis
Our attorneys have successfully defended companies against discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other claims on the basis of:
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Breach of contract
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) violations
Introducing our Premier Employment Law Service
Currently using your company’s payroll service but sick of talking to an admin or inexperienced HR professional. Are you afraid to run that question past your lawyer because you don’t need one more legal bill? Take the mystery out of your legal billing and contact Navigant for more information about the Premier Employment Law Service.
Don’t let the fear of another legal fee prevent you from asking your lawyer important questions about your business.
See Employment Law Plans
- Employment handbooks and Codes of Conduct
- Employee policy development
- Employment agreements, offer letters, and application development and review
- Pre-termination analysis
- Non-competition & work for hire
- Termination risk assessment
- Reasonable accommodation analysis
- FSLA, and wage and hour issues
- Severance agreements
- Exempt/non-exempt classification analysis
- Independent contractor analysis and agreements
- Joint employer risk assessment
- IL Dept of Human Rights
- Department of Labor
- Dept of Employment Security
- Position Statements
- Litigation Analysis
- HIPAA Compliance
Employee Practices Audit
- Analysis of job application form(s) and interview process
- Employment agreements & offer letters
- Background check process
- Hiring and termination process
- Timekeeping process
- Employment policies
- Posters and record keeping
- I-9 compliance (Limited to 5)
- Personnel files
- HR complaint procedures
No over-lawyering. No big delays. Just high-quality service.
“I’ve trusted Navigant for nearly 10 years now. They have supported us through my previous company’s rapid growth years and subsequent sale. With our new start-up, they continue to provide sage advice and guidance as well as strong contractual support. The team at Navigant have even helped our family with our wills, estate planning, trusts, and powers of attorney. They truly are partners with us on our family and business journeys.”
Take the mystery out of your legal billing.
Contact Navigant for more information about the Premier Employment Law Service.