Intellectual Property Law for Chicago Businesses and Surrounding Suburbs
Licensing, Technology Protections, Strategies and Opportunities
Navigant understands that your Intellectual Property is one of your business’s most valuable assets. Trade Secrets, Copyrights, Trademarks, Service Marks, and all types of Technology, Confidential and Proprietary Information and Intellectual Property are a part of every business, small, medium, and large. Navigant is here to guide you through reducing risks and protecting your Intellectual Property (IP), to ultimately reach your business goals and objectives.
Experienced IP Attorneys
Our IP Attorneys are experienced in the technology, manufacturing and services industries with extensive licensing, drafting, negotiating and mediating skills with the ability to resolve complex business and legal issues reaching final agreements and licenses in all areas of IP and technology, which provide a reasonable allocation of risk and reward between the parties.
We can help you with a wide range of Licensing, IP, and Technology issues, including:
- Software and Other Technology IP Licenses
- Software as a Service and Subscription Services
- Joint Development, Collaboration, Distribution and Resell Arrangements
- Negotiate and Resolve IP and Technology Arrangements
- Managed Services; Consulting Services; Professional Services Agreements
- Confidentiality/Proprietary (Trade Secret) and Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Resolving Disputes Involving IP and Technology
- Non-Compete and Work Product Agreements and Protections;
- Privacy Policies; Online Terms and Other Business Practices in All Areas of Commerce, including Conducting Business on the Internet
- Trademarks, Service Marks, and Copyright Registrations and Searches
- Guidance and Advice on all areas of IP with Recommendations on Protections to Put in Place
“As a cloud software startup company based out of Glenview, Illinois, we – Kokomo Solutions, Inc. – desperately needed guidance, not just explanations, of the law and not leaving me with a blank “it’s up to you.” Insightful and real world-based help was crucial, especially for a startup entrepreneur during the most crucial phases of the company; to handle the growth as well as the incorporation. As a startup based out of the Midwest (vs. the valley), it had been a daunting journey to find the right law partner to work with in this software industry. After interviewing multiple local law firms, and the subpar experience with a Silicon Valley firm, I was referred to Navigant. What a breeze in the air that was! The Navigant business law team, including Attorney Natasha Adler, helped to-the-point of deciphering the legal jargons for someone like me, a geek, to understand. Navigant helped me not only with cleaning up the mess but also set our company on the right track.
I’d highly recommend Navigant to any aspiring software venture and startup business owner in the Chicagoland area in a heartbeat.”
Founder & CEO
No over-lawyering. No big delays. Just high-quality service.
The attorneys of Waltz, Palmer & Dawson, LLC have assisted numerous clients to reduce their risks and protect their Intellectual Property (IP), helping them reach their business goals and objectives.